Deep Security is committed to provide ongoing, long term support for the AIX platform.
As evidence of this commitment, we will release a new version of Deep Security Agent for AIX as LTS update to Deep Security 12.0. AIX platforms that are supported by the new agent are AIX 6.1, 7.1, and 7.2.
To reduce the impact of the transition to the new agent on AIX to customers, we are taking the following steps:
- We are providing advance notice of the introduction of the new Deep Security Agent for AIX in 2019.
- We will extend the end of support(EoS) date for Deep Security 9.0 Agent on AIX to December 31, 2020.
- We will support use of Deep Security 9.0 Agent on AIX with Deep Security Manager 10.0, 11.0 and 12.0.
Support requests for Deep Security 9.0 Agents on AIX will continue to be honoured until the end of support date (December 31, 2020). However, as the date draws closer, and depending on the issue, our support teams may recommend resolution using the the Deep Security Agent 12.0 for AIX, rather than providing fixes for the Deep Security 9.0 Agent.
If you are using a Deep Security 9.0 Manager to support Deep Security 9.0 AIX Agents, you must upgrade your Deep Security Manager.
- EoL for the Deep Security 9.0 Manager was reached in 2017.
- The extension of the EoS date for use of the Deep Security 9.0 Agent on AIX to December 31, 2020 only applies to the Deep Security 9.0 Agent for AIX and not Deep Security Manager. To continue to receive support, you must upgrade Deep Security Manager.
- We will support use of the Deep Security 9.0 Agent on AIX with Deep Security Manager 10.0, 11.0 and 12.0.
- Note: Deep Security Manager upgrades only support N-2 major releases. A Deep Security Manager 9.0 can be upgraded to 9.6 or 10.0, but not to 11.0 directly. Deep Security Manager 11.0 supports upgrades from 9.6 and 10.0. Deep Security Manager 12.0 supports upgrades from 10.0 and 11.0.