When trying to remove the Deep Security from NSX using this article, you may encounter the following error in Step 6 while deleting the Service Instance:
The service instance Trend Micro Deep Security-GlobalInstance is referred by the deployment in cluster Production, this operation cannot be performed. Remove all cluster deployments referring to this service instance and retry operation.
To resolve the issue, make sure that Steps 1-5 of the article Uninstall Deep Security from your NSX environment have been successfully followed. Afterwards, delete the service instance from NSX using REST API.
- Download an API tool such as Postman.
- Run the command below to pull the service instance name:
GET https://[NSX Manager IP]/api/2.0/si/serviceinstances
The result should be similar below:
If you get an error in using the Basic Authentication to login, disable the SSL verification under settings.
- Copy the result in Notepad++ and look for the values of the following:
- Service Instance Name for Deep Security
- Service Instance Object ID
- Service Instance runtimeinfo
- Run the API command below and make sure to replace the values accordingly. The value of service instance depends on the result from Steps 2 and 3.
- Confirm that the service instance has been deleted from NSX.
Once the service instance is removed, you may continue to uninstall Deep Security from your NSX environment.