Know what to check when automatic update of Safe Lock pattern/engine fails and the log files show the following error:
ActiveUpdate was unable to merge the incremental patch file.
To isolate any connectivity issues, check first whether you are able to connect to the ActiveUpdate Server:
- On your browser on the server, try to access the link:
http://tmsl2-p.activeupdate.trendmicro.com/activeupdate/server.iniYou should be able to download this file when successfully connected to the ActiveUpdate Server.
- Try to ping tmsl2-p.activeupdate.trendmicro.com
If you are able to ping successfully, that there is a good connection to the ActiveUpdate Server.
To address the log error, do the following:
- Backup the folder C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Safe Lock Intelligent Manager\ActiveUpdate\AU_Data\AU_Temp.
- Delete the contents of AU_Temp folder.
- Perform manual update again from the management console.