Trend Micro is pleased to inform you of an upcoming update that will enhance your Trend Micro Apex One™ as a Service experience.
Following the October maintenance update for customers that have also purchased Apex One as a Service: Endpoint Sensor, Trend Micro will add EDR support for Windows and Linux platforms, allowing single pane of glass support for Preliminary Investigation (Sweeping) & Root Cause Analysis (RCA). Customers will also benefit from enhanced RCA performance.
To accommodate these improvements, customers need to be aware of following changes:
- The Apex One security agent will start automatically, uploading full activity data to Trend Micro Cloud servers. Previously only metadata was automatically uploaded with full activity data uploaded only when required for threat sweeping or threat RCA. The automatic upload is necessary to ensure reliability and performance during sweeping or RCA.
- Existing metadata collected prior this update will no longer be accessible.
- Bandwidth utilization is expected to change from 2MB per agent per day to 20MB per agent per day due to additional activity data being uploaded to Trend Micro Cloud servers:
- Windows Event
- On-premise Apex Central configurations will need to install a patch to enable EDR support if running in “Hybrid mode”.
- Hybrid Mode allows customer to register their Apex One as a Service provision to their On-Premise Apex Central.
- To ensure continuous EDR operations for Hybrid Mode users, the provision’s upgrade schedule will be put on hold until customer applies On-Premise patch.
- Hybrid Mode users that do not utilize EDR will not be affected and will be updated normally according to the schedule.
- Patch availability will be announced separately.
October maintenance will be separated to multiple Wednesday batches ranging from October 23rd to Nov 20th. A separate email will be sent out for your specific maintenance period.
For support assistance, please contact Trend Micro Technical Support.