Security upgrade failures may occur in both Deep Security Agent (DSA) and Deep Security Virtual Appliance (DSVA) in Deep Security 12.0 Update 3 for Linux.
The following scenarios may result in security update failures:
- DSVA: Update failure may happen in new deployment of virtual appliance with DSA Build 12.0.682 Update 3.
- DSA: The Anti-Malware was not enabled before the upgrade to Deep Security Agent 12.0 Update 3 for Linux, you may encounter security update failures once you enable the Anti-Malware module.
In case you encounter such issue, do the appropriate solution below:
- For DSVA, please re-deploy it using an earlier version.
- For DSA, please re-install and replace it with an earlier version.
The root cause has been found. The folder /var/opt/ds_agent/iaurepo, which is used by security update, may be missing that causes the security update failures. A fix for this issue has been included in the Deep Security Linux Agent 12.0 Update 4 and later.
Below are some workarounds for both DSVA and DSA:
- Option A. Manually create the /var/opt/ds_agent/iaurepo folder, and then trigger the security update again.
- Option B. Generate a diagnostic package of agent. The /var/opt/ds_agent/iaurepo folder will be automatically created after a diagnostic package is generated.