The action status "Queued for Delivery" appears for an email when querying the mail tracking logs.
The mail referred to was neither received, rejected, nor bounced to the original sender.
When the receiving mail server returns a temporary SMTP response code (4xx), HES/TMEMS mail tracking will place the mail in the deferred queue for retry. Mails in the deferred queue are retried periodically until time out is reached.
- 421 - <domain> Service not available, closing transmission channel
- 450 - Requested mail action not taken: mailbox unavailable
- 451 - Requested action aborted: local error in processing
- 452 - Requested action not taken: insufficient system storage
If the receiving mail server returns any of the above codes, mail tracking will show the action as "queued for delivery" or "temporary delivery error". To resolve this issue, please contact your mail server administrator.
Other items to consider:
- Make sure that your mail server IP/FQDN in the Administration > Domain Management page of the HES/TMEMS console is set to the correct MTA.
- If you are restricting traffic from specific IP ranges, make sure to allow traffic from HES/TMEMS servers. Follow the procedure in the following articles:
- Customer's mail server is down
- A misconfiguration on your mail server
- A misconfiguration of your firewall setting or third party security product
- A misconfiguration of your network settings
- The unstable Internet connection between HES/TMEMS and your mail server.