This article will show you how to enable encrypted communication between InterScan Messaging Security Virtual Appliance (IMSVA) / InterScan Messaging Security Suite (IMSS), and LDAP server.
Follow these steps:
- On the management console, navigate to LDAP tab > Administration > IMSVA Configuration > Connections | LDAP.
- Click on the specific Server Address to access LDAP Settings page.
- Select "Enable encrypted communication between IMSVA and LDAP" check box, and click Browse to upload a CA certificate file to verify the certificate used by the LDAP server.
- Confirm that the port number is set to 636 if LDAP server type is Microsoft Active Directory, or 3269 if the LDAP server type is Microsoft AD Global Catalog.
- Click Save.
- To enable LDAP over SSL on Microsoft Active Directory server, refer to the Microsoft KB: How to enable LDAP over SSL with a third-party certification authority.
- If the LDP.exe test failed, troubleshoot the issue by referring to the Microsoft KB: How to troubleshoot LDAP over SSL connection problems.
- To retrieve the CA certificate on Microsoft Active Directory server, with Base-64 encoded X.509 format, refer to this IBM knowledge article: Exporting the certificate from the Active Directory Server.