Know the different items to check in order to identify the current components applied. This is useful for the following scenarios:
- Checking and confirming the current application build and the present anti-malware components setup after installation.
- Audit purposes for the system administrators when maintaining their systems. This helps them plan and schedule downtime on their end when applying the latest Apex One patch or hot fix.
- Better understanding of Trend Micro Technical Support since these information will be requested during the initial support contact.
To check the OfficeScan server component side:
- Log on to the Apex One web console.
- Click Help > About.
On the window that opens, check the product version and build:
Check the latest Apex One build or download the latest patch from the Trend Micro Download Center.
To check the Apex One Security Agent side:
- Go to Start > Run.
- Type "regedit" to open the Registry Editor.
Always back up the whole registry before making any modifications. Incorrect changes to the registry can cause serious system problems.
- Go to:
- For x86 OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Misc.\BuildNum.
- For x64 OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp\CurrentVersion\Misc.\BuildNum.
Server side: Apex One server's hot fix folder ~\PCCSRV\Backup\
The image below illustrates the deployment history in the Backup folder.
These folders contain every backup from each upgrade. It can also be used as a reference to know which critical patch, hot fix, or patch has been applied.
- Agent site: <Agent installation folder>\hotfix_history.ini
The hotfix_history.ini file in the Apex One security agent installation folder presents all critical patches, hot fixes, and patches applied, as well as provides a historical view of the critical patches, hot fixes, and patches applied on the Apex One security agents.
On the Apex One web console, click Summary. The engine and virus pattern version will be displayed on the left side of the Antivirus section.
To fetch the latest scan engine and pattern files, go to Updates > Server > Manual Update > Update.
If the status column is “No updates available”, it means that the scan engine and pattern files are the latest.