Trend Micro will be performing a Scheduled Maintenance on Worry-Free Business Security Services (WFBS-SVC) to migrate the datacenter to Amazon Web Service (AWS) during the following time period:
Regions: United States, Latin America Regions, Japan, APEC, Others
DATE AND TIME (UTC) LOS ANGELES BERLIN TOKYO 2020/11/21, Sat 04:00 Fri 20:00 Sat 05:00 Sat 13:00
Regions: Europe, Middle East, Africa
DATE AND TIME (UTC) LOS ANGELES BERLIN TOKYO 2020/08/01, Sat 04:00 Fri 21:00 Sat 06:00 Sat 13:00
- Maintenance Type: Service Upgrade
Impact on Service and Security Agent
There will be four (4) hour downtime during the maintenance period and customers/partners will encounter the following:
- WFBS-SVC management console will not be accessible during this time.
- Users who are already logged in to the console will be logged out when they hit refresh or click on any tabs from the console and will be redirected to the maintenance page.
- Single Sign-On from TMRM to WFBS-SVC will also not be available during the maintenance period.
- Security Agents connection status will become offline during this maintenance period but will be back online after the migration
- Data synchronization between TMRM and WFBS-SVC will be stopped during this time but related tasks will be kept in queue. Services will continue to synchronize data after the maintenance period. This will also be the same between the PLS (CLP and LMP) and WFBS-SVC
- TMRM’s RMM and PSA integration functionality will not be impacted since the data is stored in the backend but during the maintenance period, TMRM will not be able to get the latest updates from WFBS-SVC. This means that the RMM and PSA will only respond with the latest data stored
For customers who are using firewall in controlling the internet traffic, it is highly recommended to use the domain names in the firewall whitelisting for the security agents and local proxy servers to connect to WFBS-SVC servers. Otherwise, reconfiguration will be required if the whitelisting uses an IP address instead of domain names.Using an IP address for whitelisting is not recommended as the IP addresses of domains can change over time.
- Refer to the KB article: Worry-Free Business Security Services (WFBS-SVC) Official Components URL list, for the different URLs used by WFBS-SVC which can be used as a reference in whitelisting from firewall or proxy server.
- You can also refer to the knowledge article below from AWS which can provide you the IP ranges in case there will be restrictions when it comes to using FQDN:
We appreciate your patience as we conduct this scheduled maintenance to enhance our service. We will endeavor to minimize any impact to you during this process.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact Technical Support directly or your assigned Customer Service Manager.