An "Offline" or "Managed (Offline)" computer status means that the Deep Security Manager (DSM) has not received heartbeats from the Deep Security Agent (DSA) for some time and the continuously missing heartbeat number exceeded the threshold.
When you encounter this issue, it is recommended to update the agent status of the problematic machine by doing the following steps:
- Reactivate the agent.
- Reset the agent using the command "dsa_control -r".
- Activate the agent.
- Restart the agent service.
- Reinstalling the agent.
If you enabled and specified an authentication password on the self-protection, you must enter command dsa_control using the -p or --passwd option whenever a command is running on the agent or not. (See Enable or disable agent self-protection)
If none of the above steps can resolve the offline issue, it is probably due to heartbeat connection failure which caused by network communication, and the agent is presumed to be offline.
- The Trend Micro Deep Security Agent service or process is not running.
- Proxy, (3rd)Firewall, IPS rules, or security groups block the heartbeat port number.
- DNS was down, or could not resolve the manager's host name.
- The computer has left the context of the private network.
Refer to the online help Offline Agent to fix network communication problem.