Some issue are experienced with the Vulnerability Protection Service, and the following can be observed:
- On the Apex Central Console:
- Policy shows "with issues" because Vulnerability Protection displays the "Unactivated License" error
- Unable to deploy the license of Vulnerability Protection
- On the Apex One agent console:
- The Apex One Vulnerability Protection is disabled on the agent machine
- The following can be seen in the ivp_server0 log gile located at …\Trend Micro\Apex One\iServiceSrv\iVP folder
Aug 09, 2019 1:39:36 PM com.trendmicro.ivp.core.Core main SEVERE: Failed to start iVP server. com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The server [apex one servername] is not configured to listen with TCP/IP. at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDriverError(SQLServerException.java:228) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.getInstancePort(SQLServerConnection.java:5923) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.primaryPermissionCheck(SQLServerConnection.java:2347) at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.login(SQLServerConnection.java:2083)
Based on the log file, the communication via TCP/IP is disabled. This prevents Vulnerability Protection from starting because it cannot connect to the SQL Server.
To fix the issue, perform the steps below:
- On the Apex One Server, navigate to the SQL server.
- Enable TCP/IP. Do the following:
- Open SQL Server Configuration Manager > [designated SQL Server Network Configuration for apex one] > Client Protocols > TCP/IP.
- Double-click TCP/IP. This will open the TCP/IP Properties window.
- Click on the dropdown for "Enabled", and choose Yes.
- Click OK.
- Restart the following services:
- SQL Browser Service
- SQL Service for Apex One
- Apex One Master Service
- Trend Micro Apex Central Service
To confirm that the issue is resolved, do the following:
- Login to the Apex Central console, and navigate to Administration > License Management > Managed Products.
Vulnerability protection will now be shown as successfully deployed.The Activated Products column will display a number to indicate the successful license deployment for the designated product.
- Redeploying the policy from Apex Central will no longer encounter any problems.
- Vulnerability Protection service is enabled on the agent machine.