Trend Micro Apex One (Mac) Patch 2 Critical Patch has been released and is now available via the Plug-in Manager Framework of Apex One and OfficeScan XG.
This release resolves these known issues:
|Issue 1||High system memory usage may occur when the Virus Scan Engine is scanning a file.|
|Solution 1||This hot fix updates the VSAPI module to resolve this issue.|
|Issue 2||The Security Agent is unable to update the server certificate if the registration status is unsuccessful.|
|Solution 2||This hot fix changes the task type from "register-ready task" to "run-away task" to resolve this issue.|
|Issue 3||The netfilter system extension may cause a memory leak.|
|Solution 3||This hot fix updates the iCoreService module to resolve this issue.|
|Issue 4||The duplicate IIS header "Strict-Transport-Security" may cause issues with IIS.|
|Solution 4||This hot fix removes the Apex One (Mac) "Strict-Transport-Security" setting to resolve this issue.|
Existing customers of Apex One (Mac) can directly upgrade to Apex One (Mac) Patch 2 Critical Patch via the Plug-In Manager:
- Control the agent upgrade by following this article.
- Create a backup of the server by using the Apex One (Mac) Backup and Restore Tool.
- Log in to the OfficeScan XG or Apex One web console.
- Go to the Plug-ins tab.
- Scroll down to Apex One (Mac) and click Download.
- Wait for the product download to complete and then click Upgrade Now.
Once successful, server version should be 3.5.3720.
- Revert the setting placed in Step 1.
Apex One (Mac) agents should upgrade accordingly to version 3.5.3718 after applying this upgrade.
For support assistance, please contact Trend Micro Technical Support.