|Product||Affected Build Version||Platform|
|ServerProtect for Storage (SPFS) 6.0||
||Windows Server 2008 or Later|
|ServerProtect for Netware (SPNT) 5.8||
Network Appliance Filer (SPNAF) 5.8
|ServerProtect for EMC Celerra (SPEMC) 5.8||
A freshly installed Normal Server (GM build) cannot be added to an Information Server with a newer version. It only occurs in the Information Server with the feature of version verification between Management Console and Information Server, such as SPNT JP Patch 7 and EN Patch 5. The following error will be displayed.
This is caused by the modifications of the data structure related to the registration. This data structure is used not only for the registration from Management Console to Information Server, but also for the registration from Normal to Information Server.
Please use the remote installation or silent installation as a workaround or apply the newest hot fix/CP on the Information Server.
Take the remote installation as an example.
- Open the Management Console.
From the domain browser tree, select the domain to which you want to add a server. Do one of the following:
- Select Domain > Install New SPNT(s) from the main menu.
- Right-click the domain that you selected in the previous step and click Install New SPNT(s).
The Select a Source Server window opens.
- A confirmation window appears. Click OK to bring up the Add Server(s) to Domain window.
Do one of the following to add a server to the domain:
- Select the server name in the left list box.
- Type the server name in Server name.
Click Add to enter the server name into the right list box.
- Click OK to bring up the Logon to target servers window. Then Type the detailed information about the target server.
- Click OK to bring up the Add Other Server(s). Click Start to do the remote installation.