Trend Micro Vision One will be releasing a new agent grouping feature in the coming months to allow users the ability to flexibly manage agents and policies. In preparation for this important feature, Trend Micro would like to invite users to experience some of the features through an interactive demo, and allow them to provide some feedback.
The main purpose of this new agent grouping feature is to allow users to manually create a tree and group the endpoints by associating multiple endpoint attributes or simply integrate with Active Directory. You can try this agent grouping feature on the Playground.
Below are some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Does the interactive demo represent the final feature functionality and layout?
No. The demo is a conceptual representation of a possible implementation for new agent grouping and agent settings but may be changed in the future.
- Can agent settings be inherited from the parent group?
Yes. By default, the agent settings will be inherited from the parent group. You also have the flexibility to configure different settings for each node.
- Are there going to be limits to the number of layers and nodes in the tree?
Yes. The tree structure will have a limited number of levels and nodes. The exact levels are still under investigation so please provide feedback if you have specific needs.
- Can I use Active Directory or custom tags as criteria for filtering?
Yes. You will be able to use Active Directory information or custom tagging as criteria for grouping in the future.
- Is agent grouping used in other apps or management features?
Yes. Endpoint management features will be able to leverage the agent grouping results.