If a DSM node has multiple network interfaces, you can configure it to use a specific network interface to send email. This solution is for DSM version 20.0.450 and above.
Follow these steps:
- Check the IP address of the network interface you want to use. On Linux, you could use the 'ifconfig' command to check. On Windows, you could use 'ipconfig' command.
- Locate the dsm.properties file.
- Linux path: /opt/dsm/webclient/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/dsm.properties
- Windows path: <Deep Security Manager installation folder>/webclient/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/dsm.properties
- Edit the dsm.properties file to append the following line.
manager.mail.smtp.localaddress=<IP of network interface>
- Restart DSM.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 for any additional DSM nodes.