This article provides information on how to exclude a particular website from a specified URL category policy.
Trend Micro uses a category and rating system for known websites on the internet. TMWS utilizes website classification technology to determine whether a website will be allowed or blocked from access.
You may use the Trend Micro Site Safety Center to determine the category of a specific website. Note that in some cases, there might be a specific requirement before adding an exclusion from the specified category on the policy.
The following are the options to exclude URLs:
- Login to the TMWS web console.
- Go to Policies > Approved/Blocked URLs.
- Add the URLs under the different match modes.
- Web: Type the exact web address and all of its sub-sites if needed.
- Keyword: Type the keyword to match the URLs.
- String: Type the exact string match of the URL.
- Go to Web tab, then add the website URL that you would like to exclude.
You can copy and paste the exact URLs. TMWS will automatically trim http/https and will display the domain name of the website.
- Click the Add to Approved button to exclude the URL from TMWS policy scanning.
To create a Cloud Access Rule with a higher priority, do the steps below: