This article helps address a specific issue in accessing website(s) when connected to TMWS proxy. Some objects, sections and contents are unable to display even if the website is successfully retrieved. Some of the possible reasons can be the following:
- A policy is restricting access to a particular component of the website.
- The particular website has a restriction that only allows a range of IP addresses to access it. In some cases, a web server on the internet uses IP-based geolocation. This would cause an issue with the TMWS server accessing these websites because of our different geolocation on the cloud.
- Use the browser inspect network tool to get the component's URL.
- Access the website using any browser.
- Right-click on and any section of the page, and select the Inspect option.
Alternatively, you can press Ctrl + Shift+ I or F12 on your keyboard.
- Click on the Network tab, then reload the page.
- The components that failed to load will appear in red text, or will show network error status (e.g. Blocked, Restricted, 403, etc). The screenshot below shows how it looks on Google Chrome.
Click the image to enlarge.
- Copy the restricted URLs.