The following error message appears when logging in to the Apex One management console:
Apex One Master Service was stopped because SQL Server is unavailable. Check SQL Server and try again.
When trying to manually start the Apex One Master Service, you receive the following error:
To resolve the issue:
- On the Apex One server, go to <Server installation folder>\PCCSRV\Admin\Utility\SQL.
- Double-click SQLTxfr.exe.
- Specify the Server name as follows: <hostname or IP address of the SQL Server>\<instance name>
The Server and Database name can be found under [DBServer] section of ..\PCCSRV\Private\ofcserver.ini.
- Provide the authentication credentials for the SQL Server database.
You can check the [DBServer] section of ..\PCCSRV\Private\ofcserver.ini to know the previous authentication mode used on the SQL Server.
- SQLAuthMode=5020 means SQL Server account
- SQLAuthMode=5030 means Windows account
When using the Windows Account to log on to the server, Apex One applies the username of the currently logged on user.Make sure that the account has the required roles and permission to log on to the server. For more information, you can refer to Required permissions to migrate OfficeScan/Apex One database using SQL migration tool.
- Specify the Apex One Database name on the SQL Server.
- Click Test Connection and check if it will be successful.
If the connection failed, you may refer to this article to further check the issue.
- If the test is successful, click Start to apply the configuration changes.
- Click Yes when asked, to apply the changes.