Trend Micro Apex One Central Patch 2 Build 5815 has been released and is now available on Trend Micro Download Center.
Trend Micro Apex Central Patch 2 resolves the following issues:
- Issue 1: Certain specific paths cannot be added into the exception list of the Apex One Server from the policy setting page of the Apex Central console.
Solution 1: This Patch updates the Apex Central policy component to resolve the issue.
- Issue 2: The device control list disappears from the policy deployment page of the Apex Central console after migration.
Solution 2: This Patch updates the Apex Central policy deployment module to resolve the issue.
- Issue 3: A case-sensitivity issue prevents Apex Central from generating reports successfully.
Solution 3: This Patch resolves the issue so Apex Central can generate reports normally.
- Issue 4: Chinese characters appear garbled in report email notifications.
Solution 4: This Patch ensures that Chinese characters display normally in report email notifications.
- Issue 5: The information in SNMP notifications does not match the information in the MIB file.
Solution 5: This Patch ensures that the information in SNMP notifications is consistent with the corresponding information in the MIB file.
- Issue 6: The Windows Event Log is not triggered by a "Pattern file/Cleanup template update successful" event when the "Available Users and Groups list" is empty.
Solution 6: This Patch resolves this issue.
- Issue 7: An error occurs when users add a user defined Suspicious Object (UDSO) through the AddUserDefinedSO API.
Solution 7: This Patch resolves the error.
- Issue 8: Apex Central sends outdated detection notifications.
Solution 8: This Patch ensures that only new detection logs trigger notifications.
Package link & Readme
Trend Micro recommends applying this patch on existing installations of Trend Micro Apex Central. To upgrade to this version, install at least the Trend Micro Apex Central GM Build.
For support assistance, contact Trend Micro Technical Support.