Trend Micro has received reports on some customers encountering issues during installation of Apex One Critical Patch Build 9663, where Apex One Master Service would fail to start. (Faulting application name: DbServer.exe)
This is known to affect environment where SQL server uses Windows Authentication.
- Users who have not yet installed Critical Patch Build 9663 are advised to install Critical Patch Build 9665 or later.
Users who have encountered this issue can perform following workaround to recover Apex One Master Service:
This workaround is to switch the authentication method used to access DB to avoid triggering the bug.
- Open the Command Prompt with administrator privilege.
- taskkill /F /IM LogAccessor.exe
- On the Apex One server computer, browse to <Server installation path>\PCCSRV\Admin\Utility\SQL.
- Double-click SQLTxfr.exe to run the tool.
- Choose the SQL Server Account for "Database Authentication".
- Provide the SQL Server Account authentication credentials for the SQL Server database.
- Click Test Connection to test the Apex One server connection to the SQL Db server.
- Once completed, click Start to begin the migration of SQL DB Connection Settings.
For support assistance, please contact Trend Micro Technical Support.