You are able to update the OfficeScan (OSCE) server, then it suddenly stops.
Trend Micro servers might have been updated when the user was trying to do a manual update.
To establish a connection with the Trend Micro ActiveUpdate Server:
- Open the OfficeScan Server Management Console and go to Update & Upgrade > Internet Proxy.
- Verify the settings and implement the same on the Internet Browser proxy settings.
- Click File > New Window on the main menu of the IE browser to open a new browser window.
- On the new window of the Internet Browser, type the following in the URL address box:
If the user was able to download the server.ini file without any problems, that means the internet connection to the Trend Micro ActiveUpdate server is not the problem. Otherwise, the problem might be in the internet connection to proxy settings. This would prevent successful download hence update via the Trend Micro ActiveUpdate server would fail.
Use a domain/username in the Proxy Authentication. If the user does not have a proxy authentication for the proxy server, enter an admin account of the domain and its password. Then try to perform the manual update again.
Before performing a manual update, make sure that the following have been performed:
- Open the OfficeScan Server management console.
- Go to Administration > Settings > Proxy > External Proxy.
- Enter all the necessary information:
- Proxy protocol
- Server name or IP address
- Proxy server authentication
- User name
- Perform a manual update.
If the user is not using a proxy to connect to the Internet or the procedures listed above does not work, do the following:
- Stop the OfficeScan Master Service.
- Back up and delete the files under \pccsrv\download\ directory of the OfficeScan Server.
- Back up and delete the lpt$vpn.### file on the \pccsrv folder.
- Delete the files and subdirectories inside the \pccsrv\web\service\Temp\ directory. Do not delete the Temp directory.
- Delete the files and subdirectories inside the \pccsrv\web\cgi\Temp\ directory. Do not delete the Temp directory.
- Clear the Internet Explorer cache.
- Open the Internet Explorer.
- Go to Tools > Internet Options.
- Under the General tab, look for the group box Temporary Internet Files and click the Delete Files button.
- Start the OfficeScan Master Service. Do the update again from the internet using the Management Console.
- Open the OfficeScan HTTP-based Management Console.
- Go to Updates > Server > Manual Update.
- Click the Update button to download the latest updates from the ActiveUpdate Server.
- After a successful update, click Client Update to manually notify the clients/agents to download the latest update.