The following error shows when browsing the OSCE server web console:
Your OfficeScan session has timed out. Please log in again.
The issue still persists even after doing the following:
- Access the OSCE web console using the other machines of the network.
- Verify the OfficeScan virtual directory permissions on IIS (e.g. Allow anonymous is enabled).
- Debug the OSCE server. The following line shows repeatedly:
03/12 11:58:38 0ae4-0ae0 (4) [cgiShare:ShowSetCookeHeader] CreateFile "C:\Program Files\Trend\PCCSRV\\TEMP\.key_8862" FAILED! - cgiShare.cpp(2673)
- Increase the management console timeout using the steps in this KB article.
- Go to IIS manager > Properties > Directory Security > Anonymous Access and Authentication control > Edit.
- Check if IUSR_<Server Name> is enabled.
- For IIS7.0 or Later (OSCE XG):
- Open IIS Manager and navigate to the level you want to manage.
- In Features view, double-click Authentication.
- On the Authentication page, select Anonymous Authentication.
- In the Actions pane, click Edit to set the security principal under which anonymous users will connect to the site.
This issue also happens when the IUSR_ account is not set to have full control security (NTFS) permission on the ..\pccsrv\temp folder of the OfficeScan server's program directory.
If the access is removed, the IIS server's anonymous account used to access the OfficeScan web console will not be able to write anything to the TEMP directory. This also causes the browser connection to time out.
To restore full control security (NTFS) permission:
- On the OfficeScan server, go to the ..\pccsrv directory.
- Right-click the Temp folder and select Properties.
- Click Security tab and assign Modify permission to the IUSR_<servername> (where <servername> = hostname of the Microsoft IIS web server).