Roaming Mode means that an OfficeScan client/agent will neither send nor receive instruction from the OfficeScan server.
This article shows how to manually enable Roaming Mode to allow an Officescan client to download updates from Trend Micro's ActiveUpdate (AU) server without having to connect to the OfficeScan server. Enabling Roaming Mode allows mobile computers to get updates even when they are outside the corporate network.
On the OfficeScan client:
- Log on as Administrator.
- Unload Officescan.
- Right-click the Officescan icon on the Task Bar.
- Select "Unload Officescan".
- Provide the Unload password, if required.
- Open the Registry Editor.Always back up the whole registry before making any modifications. Incorrect changes to the registry can cause serious system problems.
- Go to the following registry hive:
For 32-bit Windows platforms:
For 64-bit Windows platforms:
- Edit the following registry keys:
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Reload the Officescan client:
- Go to Programs or All Programs > Trend Micro Officescan Agent.
- Select Officescan client.
- Once the Officescan client icon is appearing on the Task Bar, right-click the icon and select "Enable Roaming".
This procedure will only work with OFFLINE / Disconnected client machines. When the Officescan Client connects and synchornizes with the Officescan Server after reloading the client software, it would revert to its original configuration which it will inherit from the Server.
If there is an issue when performing the above steps: