When the SMD task starts, the following message appears:
There are <x> days remaining before the ScanMail maintenance will expire. renew maintenance or obtain a full version Registration Key. See ScanMail help for details.
The SMD interface displays detailed information regarding the Product License as shown below.
To update the Activation Code:
- Acquire a new Activation Code.
- Open the ScanMail Configuration Database.
- On the left pane, go to Administration > Product License.
- On the Product License screen, you will find the current License Profile. Click Create License Profile to enter the new Activation Code.
- After saving the new License Profile, you will notice that the Expiration column displays n/a. Click the Refresh button to refresh the screen.
- This will now display the correct Expiration date. You can then proceed to delete the old License Profile by highlighting it then clicking Delete License Profile.