Installing ServerProtect on silent mode is useful to remotely install Windows Server 2003/2000/2008 Normal Servers.
- Install an Information Server.
For instructions on how to do this on ServerProtect 5.8, see Installing an Information Server topic on Section 2-19 of the SPNT 5.8 Getting Started Guide
. For other versions, please refer to the product documentation.
- Locate the SMS folder in the default installation path, and share it. Make sure the target servers you want to install as Normal Servers can access the folder.
If you want to perform more than one silent installation, map the SMS folder on the target servers.
- At the target server, open a command prompt, go to the SMS folder or drive that is mapped to the folder, and then enter the following command:
:\setup -SMS -s -m"SPNT5"
- At the target server, map the SMS folder to drive "M".
- Open a command prompt.
- Go to drive M: by typing "M:".
- Type the following:
M:\setup -SMS -s -m"SPNT5"
- Press Enter.
Silent install will proceed and the target machine will be registered with the Information Server.
Note: For silent installation, Normal Servers are installed in the "SMS" domain. There is no way to change the domain name during the silent installation. You can, however rename the SMS domain after all the Normal Servers have been installed.
You can also specify a path to which ServerProtect is installed.
For example, to install ServerProtect to the path D:\Utility\AntiVirus\Sprotect, do the following:
- Locate the Setup.ini file in the source folder.
- Add the following lines:
ServerTargetUNCPath is the location where the Normal Server is installed.
- To license the installed Normal Server, add the following lines to the Setup.ini file in the source folder.
XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX is the product serial number.
You may not be able to register a Normal Server under the "SMS" domain due to the use of a domain controller on the Information Server.
To resolve this issue, configure an IP address before using silent install:
- Go to the Setup.ini file in the SMS folder.
- Replace the host name with its IP address next to AgentName then save the file.