The installation of ScanMail for Domino (SMD) 3.0/5.0 for Windows 2000/2003/2008 is successful. When restarting the Domino server, however, the system displays the following error message that the SMDMon and SMDReal tasks could be not be loaded:
SMD Loader: Unable to load dynamic library "nSMDmon.dll"
SMD Loader: Unable to load dynamic library "nSMDreal.dll"
Here are possible reasons why this issue occurs:
- There was a previous installation of ScanMail for Lotus Notes, and the client was not able to uninstall it properly.
- Users upgraded their ScanMail for Lotus product, and the uninstallation process did not properly remove some program files in the Domino executable directory.
To resolve the issue:
- Uninstall ScanMail for Domino. Refer to your online help file or user documentation that came with your product.
- Manually remove the ScanMail for Lotus Notes program files from the Domino executable directory. If it is a partitioned server, it should be done also on the other server.
- Run ScanMail for Domino setup program. Follow the onscreen instructions.
- Start the Domino Server. It should have loaded the SMDReal and SMDMon tasks successfully.