This article explains how to manually update the Damage Cleanup Engine (DCE) and Damage Cleanup Template (DCT) on OfficeScan server and deploy the files to the clients.
Manually updating the DCE/DCT of the OfficeScan server
- Download the latest Damage Cleanup Template from Download Center.
- Extract the tsc.exe and tsc.ptn files from the tsc.zip file to the ..\PCCSRV\Admin folder.
- Overwrite any existing files.
- Wait for a few minutes for the OfficeScan server to apply the update.
The OfficeScan server will deploy the DCE/DCT files to the clients according to the settings configured in the Updates > Client Deployment screen of the management console.
Verifying if the DCE/DCT has been updated
Do either of the following:
- Check the Hotfix.ini file in the ..pccsrv\download folder.
- Verify if the HotfixNT.txt and Hotfix_X64.txt (if there is a new tsc64 engine) files are recreated after a few minutes.
- Verify the new timestamp in the file.
Example: HotFix=20090212122316 --> 02/12 2009 12:23 GMT
- Check if the Modified date of the following files reflects the current date: