Using the Hot Fix Method, ServerProtect can deploy the latest hot fixes, pattern files, and Damage Cleanup templates to the ServerProtect Normal Server.
Here are the files that you can deploy. Make sure to click the link for ServerProtect:
- Scan Engine
- Pattern files - SPNT supports virus pattern files and damage cleanup template
- Hot Fixes - Obtained from Trend Micro Technical Support or Technical Account Manager (TAM)
- Patches - Refer to the Readme file on how to apply them
Do the following:
- Copy the files to the ..\SProtect\Hotfix\NT folder on the Information Server (IS).
Make sure that only the files to be deployed to NS are copied to the \NT folder.
- Open a text editor like Notepad and copy-paste the following entries:
To deploy to specific servers, separate the server names with a comma. For example, Server=Server1, Server2, Server3.
Path=nw (This applies only to Netware servers.)These entries will deploy ALL the files to the NS.
- Save the file as hotfix.ini in the ..\SProtect\Hotfix directory of the IS.
The files have been deployed to the NS when the Hotfix.ini file is changed to Read=1.