When troubleshooting scanning issues, a scan engine debug (tmfilter.log) may be requested by Trend Micro Technical Support.
This article contains the steps in manually enabling and disabling scan engine debug using the Windows registry.
To enable scan engine debug:
- Open the Registry Editor.
Always back up the whole registry before making any modifications. Incorrect changes to the registry can cause serious system problems.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TMFilter\Parameters
- Change the value of the "DebugLogFlags" key to "00003eff".
- Replicate the issue
- Once done, disable the debug mode by restoring the "DebugLogFlags" key to "0".
- Locate the TMFilter.log file in your %SystemRoot% folder and send it to Trend Micro Technical Support.