Learn how to enable the UNC path exclusions and set up a directory exclusion. This article can be used to resolve the following sample scenarios:
- ServerProtect service fails to start after applying a patch and environment variable cannot be added to the Exclusion List.
- The actual directory is excluded in the ServerProtect scanning but shadow copies of the directory are still scanned. As a result, virus notifications are sent every time a virus in a shadow copy is detected. The following is a sample notification:
Control Manager [SERVER_name] notification: Virus found action result. The first and second virus scan actions have been unsuccessful for the virus detected in /Servers/Server_name/Exchange bridgeheads/Server_name. Check and update your components to the latest version. Virus: Infected file: 58ac1 File path: \Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy85\Program Files\Trend\IMSS\ISNTSmtp\quarantine4 Scan engine: 7.510.1002 Virus pattern: 2.615.00 Event date/time: 05/08/2005 10:44:06 PM
To resolve the issue:
- Close the ServerProtect Management Console.
- Edit the admin.ini file in the /Program Files/Trend/SProtect directory of the Information Server.
- Add the following line under the [AdminServer] section:
- Close and save the file.
- Open the ServerProtect Management Console.
- Select the Set Scan Option, then click Exclusion List.
- In the Excluded file list section, click the Add button and input the variable to add.
To exclude volume shadow copies from scanning, specify the \Device folder to exclude any permutations of HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy## which may occur.
- Click OK.
- Click Apply to save the exclusion.