The cause of the issue may be a firewall rule that prevents the server from using HTTP services.
- Ping or traceroute the Trend Micro activeupdate server by running the following commands:
- Run l pupdate -debug to generate the pattdnld.dbg file under \smlog.
- Delete the AU cache and AU Temp folders under the AU folder for SMLN 2.6.
Delete pattern and engine Folders under AU for SMD 3.0/5.0.
- Do a pattern file update.
- Copy of all pattern files under the data directory, which includes lpt$vpn.xxx and tmaptn.xxx
- Copy of the SMD pattern file database (smd\Smency.nsf)
- Firewall vendor
- Proxy vendor and type of authentication (if SMD updates via a proxy)
- HTTP traffic flow diagram
- SMD update debug log
- ActiveUpdate log
- TmuDump.html or TmuDump.txt