- Open the Registry Editor (regedit.exe).
Important: Always back up the whole registry before making any modifications. Incorrect changes to the registry can cause serious system problems.
- Go to the registry hive HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\ScanMail for Exchange\CurrentVersion.
- Modify the value of “SharedResPool” to the new path.
- Restart all ScanMail services so that all shared resources are created on the new directory.
Note: The SharedResPool directory contains memory-mapping files for the shared resources between SMEX processes. As such, do not delete these files on the current directory to which the path is pointed.
- Verify if theSharedResPool has been populated. Afterwhich, delete the previous ShareResPool directory and its contents to free the disk space on the server.
- Edit the permissions of the new folder:
- Go to the Windows Explorer.
- Right-click the new folder and select Properties.
- Navigate to the Security tab.
- Select the Users group.
- Click the Edit button to change Users group permissions.
Make sure Users group has "Read & Execute", "List folder contents", "Read", and "Write" permissions as shown in the following screenshot:
- Save the changes.
Need More Help?
Create a technical support case if you need further support.
Moving the ScanMail for Exchange (SMEX) SharedResPool directory to another location
Thank you for your feedback!