Use the AgentMigrationTool to move TMCM agents from an old server to a new one.
AgentMigrationTool.exe works if the destination TMCM server has a version equal or higher than the source server. The tool can only migrate the following:
- MCP-based agents
- ScanMail for Exchange
- InterScan Messaging Security Suite
- InterScan Messaging Security Virtual Appliance
- InterScan Web Security Suite
- InterScan Web Security Virtual Appliance
- IM Security
- ServerProtect for Linux
- ScanMail for IBM Domino
- TMI-based Windows agents
- ServerProtect 5.8 for Windows / Netware
- ServerProtect 5.8 for Netapp Filer
- ServerProtect 5.8 for EMC Celerra
To transfer TMCM agents to a new server:
- Ensure that the old TMCM server is still online.
- Make sure that the new TMCM version is installed on the new server with a new IP address or fully-qualified domain name (FQDN).
- Create the same TMCM account that was used to register the TMCM agents in the source server.
- Run AgentMigrationTool.exe directly on the destination server from the following location: <root>\Program Files\Trend Micro\Control Manager\
- Select the old TMCM server as the source server and then log in using an account with administrative privileges.
- In the Destination field, select the target TMCM server.
- Select the option Retain Tree Structure and Migrate Logs and then click OK.
Failing to do Steps 8 to 12 will cause all of the Status Logs to show as "0".
- Enter the login details for each TMCM agent. Use an account with administrative privileges on the TMCM agent machines.
- Once the AgentMigrationTool.exe has finished, stop all TMCM services.
- Recount all the virus logs by doing the following:
- Go to the ..\Control Manager folder and run CMMaintainingTool.exe.
- Select all the options under the Recount the Control Manager Server Logs section.
- Under Packet Virus logs, click Recount Now. You may purge abnormal or duplicate communicator statuses.
- Run the RecountIMSSData.exe tool if IMSS is an entity in your TMCM program. Skipping this step will cause issues with IMSS reports.
- Start TMCM services.