This article shows the steps to create a memory dump file when a Blue-Screen-of-Death (BSoD) is encountered. This is useful in checking the root cause of the crash issue.
Trend Micro Technical Support needs memory dump files to determine if the BSoD is related to Trend Micro products.
Do the following:
- Right-click My Computer.
- Click Properties > Advanced.
- Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.
- Set the Write Debug Information to create a Small Memory Dump.
Change the value to "Complete Memory Dump" to obtain full Memory Dump if necessary.
- Go to the following locations to collect the memory dump files:
- Small Memory dump - C:\WINDOWS\Minidump directory
- The Kernel and Complete Memory Dump - %SystemRoot%MEMORY.DMP
For more information, you may refer to his Microsoft article: Overview of memory dump file options for Windows Server 2003, Windows XP, and Windows 2000.