Clients that have more than one NIC show up as offline on the Worry-Free Business Security (WFBS) server console and fail to update successfully.
This may happen if the client computers bind by default to an IP address with an incorrect subnet.
To fix the issue, make sure the clients use the correct IP address.
- On the client computer, click Start > Settings > Control Panel and then double-click Network Connections.
- On the menu bar, click Advanced > Advanced Settings.
- Under the Adapters and Bindings tab, select the adapter in the Connections box that uses your preferred IP address.
- Click the up arrow button on the right to move the adapter to the top, and then click OK.
- Reboot the client computer or restart one of these services:
- Trend Micro Client/Server Security Agent Listener
- OfficeScanNT Listener
- Log in to the server console of your Trend Micro product, and then click Security Settings.
- Select the client and then click Refresh. The client should now have the correct IP address and should show up as online.
- Click Updates > Manual > Update Now and then verify on the server console if the client updates correctly.
If the issue persists, contact Trend Micro Technical Support.