Install IMSS 7.1 for Linux, as well as the corresponding EUQ component.
To install IMSS and EUQ:
- Log in as a superuser.
- Go to the installation package directory and run the "./isinst.sh" command.
The Main Menu displays the status of each component. If you are installing IMSS for the first time, [Not Installed] appears.
- Press 1 to begin the installation.
- Read and accept the license agreement.
- Choose whether to install a new database server or add the installation to an existing one.
- If you want to add a scanner or EUQ installation to an existing IMSS server, enter the database information of the components.
- If you choose to install a new IMSS server, you should either install a new database server or use an existing one before entering the database server information.
The Install Components Menu shows the IMSS component status. [YES] appears next to the component that will be installed. By default, the Central Controller and Scanner are installed. These components are vital in using IMSS.
- To select the components to be installed, press the corresponding number of the component, and then press Y.
You can also modify the install directory. The default path is opt/trend.
If you wish to install the EUQ server, you need to install a primary server first. The secondary servers provide load-balance assistance to the primary server.
If you want to install the EUQ database, you can either install a new database server or use an existing one. Then you should enter the server information.
- Press 6 to continue.
The installer checks the available disk space, memory, and swap space. It also provides an option to cancel the installation if your machine does not meet the minimum requirements. The required settings for your Postfix appear if you continue with the installation.
- Press ENTER to continue.
A note appears on whether the DNS server on your machine is active. You can use the IP Profiler if the DNS server is active and running properly.
- Press ENTER to begin installing your selected components.
- When installation is complete, open a command prompt and run "# ps -ef | grep imss" to see a list of the daemons.
- Telnet to port 25 to make sure that IMSS/Postfix answers.