Get the steps on how to register the ScanMail for Exchange server to TMCM for centralized management and update.
Before proceeding to the steps below, make sure to use the latest version of TMCM with the latest Service Pack available.
To register SMEX:
- Log in to the SMEX web console.
- Go to Administration > Control Manager Settings.
TMCM uses the name specified in the Entity display name field to identify SMEX servers. The name appears in the Product Directory of TMCM.
- Under Connection Settings, enter the name of the SMEX server on the Entity display name field.
- Under Control Manager Server Settings, specify the following:
- Enter the TMCM server IP address or host name on the Server FQDN or IP address field.
- Enter the port number that the MCP agent uses to communicate with TMCM.
- If the TMCM security is set to medium (HTTPS and HTTP communication is allowed between TMCM and the MCP agent of managed products), select the Connect using HTTPS checkbox.
- If your network requires authentication, enter the username and password for your IIS server.
- If you are using a NAT device, select the Enable two-way communication port forwarding checkbox and then enter NAT device IP address and port number.
- Click Register.
- Log in to the TMCM management console and then go to Products.
- Select the Managed Products from the drop-down list on the left and then click Go.
- Check to see that the SMEX server is displayed.