- A wrong IP address was used when IMSS was deployed to the network.
- A new IP address block was provided during network restructuring.
To update the IP address:
- Stop all IMSS services:
- Trend Micro IMSS CMAgent Service
- Trend Micro IMSS End user Quarantine Console
- Trend Micro IMSS EUQ Load Balancer>
- Trend Micro IMSS IPProfiler>
- Trend Micro IMSS Manage
- Trend Micro IMSS Policy Service
- Trend Micro IMSS Scan Service
- Trend Micro IMSS SMTP Service
- Trend Micro IMSS Task Services
- Trend Micro IMSS Web Console
- Change the server IP address.
- Change the ODBC DSN IP address.
- Locate the IMSS Database Source in All Programs\Administrative Tools\Data Source(ODBC)\System DSN Tab.
For Windows 2012, use Server Manager > Tools > ODBC Data Sources (32-bit)\System DSN Tab.
- Open the IMSS configuration folder by going to ..\Program Files\Trend Micro\IMSS\config directory.
- Open the ODBC.ini and EUQ.ini files and change the server IP address.
- Save and close the files.
- If you also installed EUQ, open the following files:
- Change the IP address in each file to the new one then restart the EUQ services.
- Open the %IMSS_HOME%\ui\adminUI\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\struts-config-common.xml file and change the IP in the database URL.
- Modify the corresponding database tables using any database editor or UI (e.g. WinSQL or SQL Server Enterprise Manager and SQL Query Analyzer). You can also use the osql command line utility:
- tb_component_list - specify the machine name in the “scanner_name” field and new IP addresses in the “ip_addr” field.
- tb_euq_db_info - specify the EUQ database machine setting in the “server” field
- tb_global_setting - change the web console URL in the “value” field for the [ConfigUrl] name and [cmagent] section
- Modify the $IMSSDIR\config\tsmtpd.ini file as required for MTA flow or if you have manually configured any host settings.
- Save the changes and close the file.
- Update the IP Address settings in the following registry hive entries:
Always back up the whole registry before making any modifications. Incorrect changes to the registry can cause serious system problems.
where *** is equal to Wow6432Node, which may or may not exist depending on the OS.
- Update the shortcuts adminui, euqbalance, and euqui under IMSS installation folder with the new IP address.
- Restart all IMSS services.