Remotely install OfficeScan clients from the web console to one or several computers connected to the network. To use this method, ensure that you have administrator rights to the target computers. This does not install the OfficeScan client on a computer already running the OfficeScan server.
To install clients using Remote Install:
- For OfficeScan XG:Installing Remotely from the OfficeScan Web Console
- For OfficeScan 11.0: Installing Remotely from the OfficeScan Web Console
To know more about other installation or deployment methods, refer to the following links:
OfficeScan Server Pre-requisite
- Enable Services:
- Enable Network Discovery/File and Printer Sharing.
- Enable Network Discovery/File and Printer Sharing:
- Enable Services:
- In the web console, go to Agents > Agent Installation > Remote.
- Select the target endpoints.
- The Domains and Endpoints list displays all the Windows domains on the network. To display endpoints under a domain, double-click the domain name. Select any endpoint, and then click Add.
- If you have a specific endpoint name in mind, type the endpoint name in the Search for endpoints field on top of the page and press ENTER.
- Type the user name and password and then click Log in. The target endpoint appears in the Selected Endpoints table.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to add more endpoints.
- Click Install when you are ready to install the OfficeScan agent to target endpoints.
- Click OK to confirm that you want to install the OfficeScan agent to the target endpoints. A progress screen appears as the program files copy to each target endpoint.
When OfficeScan completes the installation to a target endpoint, the endpoint name disappears in the Selected Endpoints list and appears in the Domains and Endpoints list with a red check mark.
- Issue: No endpoints are showing on the Remote Installation page.
Solution: Enable Computer Browser Service on the OfficeScan server.
- Issue: User account is not a domain admin.
Solution: Use a domain admin account.
- Issue: The "To install on a remote endpoint, use an account with administrator privileges. If target endpoint is running Windows Vista Basic, remote installation cannot proceed because there is no remote registry service." message appears.
Solution: Enable Remote Registry service on the endpoints.
- Issue: Firewall is blocking installation.
Solution: Set the Domain Profile, Private Profile, and Public Profile in Firewall to "Off" in the endpoint.