Learn to collect and generate the Case Diagnostic Tool (CDT) debug logs, which are used for analysis, isolation, and troubleshooting InterScan Web Security Suite (IWSS).
Case Diagnostic file contains vital information that can be used for troubleshooting. The CDT tool used in collecting these information (Case Diagnostic Tool) is already integrated in the IWSS installation package.
To generate the diagnostic information, use either of these two options:
Option I. Using the IWSS web console
- Log on to the web console.
- Go to Administration > Support and click Generate System Information File. This option collects statistics about the OS and the IWSS processes.
If the IWSS processes have crashed since the last tool invocation, the tool also generates files with "core" in their name.
- Select the recently created archive file and any available core files from the list.
- Click Download to your computer. The browser treats this download as if it is downloading from a website.
Option II. Using the command line
- Go to the <IWSS>/data directory.
- Run the "./CDT_IWSS30_Linux.sh" command.
- View the diagnostic file created under the "/var/iwss/UserDumps/" directory. For example, /var/iwss/UserDumps/Info_20070123_162522.tar.gz.