GeneriClean is a feature in Damage Cleanup Engine (DCE) that provides automatic clean-up for detected malware. GeneriClean incorporates referential cleaning to clean registry entries and processes which reference detected malware files.
What are the new features of GeneriClean?
- Restores modified general policy settings to Trend Micro recommended settings ~New!
- Disables malware related services ~New!
- Deletes re-spawned autostart registry entries upon reboot ~New!
- Detects and removes malware rootkit components ~New!
- Terminates malware running processes ~Enhanced!
- Deletes related autostart registry entries ~Enhanced!
- Deletes component AUTORUN.INF files ~Enhanced!
The following are required to enable the Enhanced GeneriClean:
- Damage cleanup engine (DCE) 5.32 or above (tsc.exe)
- Damage cleanup pattern (DCT) 948 or above (tsc.ptn)
Note: These are available in the ActiveUpdate Server.
- tsc.ini file
This article discusses the steps in updating Officescan to the latest Enhanced Genericlean feature.