When you try to open the Security Server web console of WFBS, you get the following error message:
Network Access Message: The page cannot be displayed.
Error Code: 502 Proxy Error
This error appears when WFBS is installed on a Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server. The issue occurs because the ISA Server's default firewall setting does not allow SSL to run on port 4343.
To resolve the issue, do one of the following:
Option I: Disable SSL in the WFBS console
- Open the Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Delete the OfficeScan website.
- Open the command prompt and go to the ..\Trend Micro\Security Server\PCCSRV directory.
- Run these commands:
- In IIS, check if the OfficeScan website was recreated.
If it is created, type the following in the Internet Explorer (IE) address bar and proceed to Step 6:
http://<Trend Micro Security Server name>:<port>/Officescan
If the OfficeScan website was not recreated, repeat Steps 1-5, but close the IIS window before doing Step 4.
- Modify the WFBS console shortcut by doing the following:
- Open Microsoft Windows Explorer and go to the .\Trend Micro\Security Server\PCCSRV directory.
- Right-click the Worry-Free Business Security console shortcut file and click Properties.
- Click the Web Document tab and paste the URL you copied in Step 5.
- Click OK.
Option II: Add the Security Server in the proxy exceptions
- Open IE and then click Tools > Internet Options.
- Navigate to Connections > LAN Settings.
- Click Proxy Server > Advanced and select Exceptions.
- Add the IP address, server name and FQDN of the Security Server in Exceptions.
For example, 10.0.0.1;trendserver;trendserver.domain.com.
- Click OK thrice to apply the changes.
Option III: Enable ISA to allow SSL on port 4343
- Extract the contents of the isa_tpr.zip file and save the isa_tpr.js tool to a temporary folder.
- Open the command prompt and go to the folder where you placed the isa_tpr.js tool.
- Run these commands:
cscript isa_tpr.js /add port4343 4343
cscript isa_tpr.js /showThe second command displays all defined ports. Use it to check if you have successfully added port 4343.