Use this article to be able to update the Scan Engine of ServerProtect Normal Server as this cannot be done via the management console or through the Information Server.
If you are unable to update the scan engine of the ServerProtect Normal Server from the management console on 64-bit environments, you can perform a manual update. Do the following:
- Download the latest 64-bit scan engine to the Normal Server.
- Extract the downloaded scan engine file to a temporary folder. You should get the following files:
- Stop the "Trend ServerProtect" service.
- Open a command prompt window and run the following command:
net stop vsapint
- Press "Y" when it asks if you also want to stop the tmfilter.
- Copy the extracted files to the C:¥Program Files¥Trend¥SProtect¥x64 folder. Backup any existing files.
- Restart the operating system.