Learn how to create an exclusion list for OfficeScan Real-time scan to prevent conflicts with normal Exchange 2003 operations. This is also to prevent OfficeScan clients from detecting viruses that ScanMail for Exchange (SMEX) quarantines.
To create an exclusion list:
- Log on to the OfficeScan management console.
- Go to:
- For OfficeScan 10.6 and below: Networked Computers > Client Management > Settings > Real-time Scan Settings > Target tab
- For OfficeScan 11.0/XG: Agents > Agent Management > Settings > Scan Settings > Real-time Scan Settings > Target tab
- Under Scan Exclusion, enable the following check boxes:
- Enable scan exclusion
- Apply scan exclusion settings to all scan types
- Add the following directories, files and folders in the appropriate box:
- Scan Exclusion List (Directories)
- Scan Exclusion List (Files)
- Scan Exclusion List (File Extensions)
Items for exclusion in relation to Exchange 2003:
- ..\Exchsrvr\Mailroot (Virtual server folder)
- ..\Exchsrvr\Mdbdata (Exchange databases and log files)
- ..\Exchsrvr\Mtadata (Exchange MTA files)
- ..\Exchsrvr\server_name.log (Additional log files)
- ..\Exchsrvr\Srsdata (Site Replication Service files)
- %SystemRoot%\System32\Inetsrv (IIS system files)
- The temporary folder that is used with offline maintenance utilities such as Eseutil.exe.
This folder is the default location for running .exe files, but can be configured by running utilities.
Items for exclusion in relation to ScanMail for Exchange (SMEX) 8.0: