Perform this procedure if the Damage Cleanup Engine/Template (DCE/DCT) appears outdated in ServerProtect for Microsoft Windows/Novell or Storage.
To manually update the Damage Cleanup Engine/Template:
- Download the latest Damage Cleanup Engine/Template package to a temporary folder.
- On the Information Server (IS), extract the following files to the \SProtect\Hotfix\32bit and \SProtect\Hotfix\64bit folders:
Create the \Hotfix\32bit and \SProtect\Hotfix\64bit subfolders if they do not exist on the IS.
- In the \SProtect\Hotfix folder, create a new text file and name it as "hotfix.txt".
- Add the following lines in the hotfix.txt file:
- Save the changes that you made.
- Rename the hotfix.txt file to "hotfix.ini".
- Wait for a few minutes and then log back on to the SPNT management console to see the updated DCE/DCT.