Prevent the OfficeScan client/agent icon from loading in the Windows client desktop system tray through the OfficeScan server management console. This will restrict user access but still keep the client protected. OfficeScan services will remain running except for the pccntmon process.
To hide the OfficeScan client/agent icon:
- Log in to the OfficeScan server management console.
- Go to:
- OfficeScan 11.0/XG: Agents > Agent Management
- OfficeScan 10.6 and below: Networked Computers > Client Management
- Select the domain where you want the OfficeScan icon turned off.
- Click Settings > Privileges and Other Settings > Other Settings tab.
- Go to:
- OfficeScan 11.0/XG: OfficeScan Access Restriction
- OfficeScan 10.6 and below: Client Console Access Restriction
- Tick the "Do not allow users to access the client console from the system tray or Windows Start menu" checkbox.
- Click Apply to All Clients.
- Restart the OfficeScan client/agent.
If there’s a need to revert the settings, repeat the entire procedure but untick the check box in Step 4.