This article contains the procedure for when the SMVLOG database has been configured, but the changes were not saved.
To resolve the saving issue:
- From the Domino Administrator, open the ScanMail Log Database.
- Go to File > Database > Replace design.
- Select the server name as the Template server and then select ScanMail Log Database from the list.
- Click Replace. Let the process finish and then close the SMVLOG database.
- On the Domino Administrator, go to the Files tab, and then to the smd folder.
- Right-click on ScanMail Log Database and then go to Access Control > Manage.
- Make sure that the server name and the account that you are using to manage SMD has Manager Access.
- Ensure that the 3 roles are checked.
- Repeat steps 5-8, but this time, do it on the ScanMail Configuration Database:
- Go to the Domino directory and then select Servers.
- Click on Server and double-click the SMD server that encounters the issue.
- Click on the Security tab.
Under the Programmability Restrictions section, in the [Run restricted Lotus Script/Java agents] option window, verify that the following are added.
- Domino Administrators
- SMD Administrators
Add them as needed.
- Click Save & Close.
- Reopen the ScanMail Log Database and check if you can now make changes in the Scheduled Deletion. If the issue continues, try restarting the Domino and then check again.