The issue occurs on a Windows computer that has the agent Symantec Workspace Virtualization (SWV), also formerly named as Symantec Altiris Software Virtualization. The system performance becomes slow and the CPU usage gradually grows to 100%.
If the WFBS is unloaded, the issue disappears. After restarting the client services, the issue reappears.
Trend Micro is currently researching the complete solution for this issue. As a workaround, do the following:
- Make sure that you have the latest scan engine version:
The latest WFBS scan engine can be found in the Trend Micro Update Center.
- WFBS server
- Log on to the WFBS console.
- Go to Updates > Manual.
- Expand Antivirus under Components section by clicking the plus sign (+) before it.
- Compare the value of "Virus scan engine 32-bit/64-bit" to the latest version.
If the scan engine version is not updated, click Update Now.
- Affected WFBS Security Agent (SA)
- Right-click the SA/OfficeScan client icon on the system tray and select Component Versions.
- Compare the value of "Virus Scan Engine" to the latest version.
- WFBS server
- Open the Registry Editor (regedit.exe)
Always back up the whole registry before making any modifications. Incorrect changes to the registry can cause serious system problems.
- Go to the HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TmFilter\Parameters registry hive.
- Add the DWORD value "DisableCtProcCheck" and set its value to "1".
- Restart Trend Micro Scan Engine services or reboot the system for the changes to take effect.