HES/HES - Inbound Filtering users could not receive some Office 2007/2010 attachments being sent to them. The Mail Tracking logs show that the mail was "Bounced".
HES / HES - Inbound Filtering has the following global limits:
- Total message size exceeds: 50MB
- Total number of recipients exceeds: 1000 recipients
- Total number of embedded layers in compressed file exceeds: 20 layers
- The size of a single decompressed file exceeds 60 MB.
- Total number of files in compressed file exceeds: 353 files
- Compress ratio limit exceeds: 100%
- An Office 2007/2010/2013/2016 file contains more than 353 subfiles.
- An Office 2007/2010/2013/2016 file contains a subfile whose decompression ratio exceeds 100.
By nature, Office 2007/2010 files (such as .XLSX, .DOCX, .PPTX, and others) are zipped files. When scanning, the HES scan engine treats these files as ordinary zip files and applies the same scan settings for compressed files. The file number within these files is uncertain, so these files may sometimes violate compressed file scanning exceptions.
To resolve the issue, do one of the following:
Option 1: Ask senders to password-protect Office 2007/2010 attachments. By doing this, scanning of these files are bypassed.
Option 2: HES full version users can modify the action that HES may take on Office 2007/2010 attachments from "reject" to "bypass":
- Log in to the HES portal.
- Go to Inbound Protection then click Scan Exceptions.
- Click on the configured Action on the right side of “An Office 2007/2010/2013/2016 file contains more than 353 subfiles” setting.
- Under Intercept section, select “Do not intercept messages”.
Configure the Modify and Monitor actions as necessary.
Click image to enlarge.
- Click Save.