The TMVS works like the Remote Install method. It detects installed anti-virus software, searches for unprotected computers on the network, and installs the CSA or SA on these computers. To check if the computers need protection, TMVS pings the ports used by the anti-virus software.
Using an account with administrator rights, you can use TMVS to install the CSA or SA on computers except in the following situations:
- The computer is running Terminal Server.
- The Security Server is installed on the same computer.
To install the agent using Vulnerability Scanner:
- On the Security Server, go to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Security Server\PCCSRV\Admin\Utility\TMVS and double-click the TMVS.exe file.
- On the TMVS console, click Settings to open the Settings page.
- Under the Security Server section, verify or type the Security Server name and port number.
The default port number is "8059".
- Select the Auto-Install Client/Server Security Agent for unprotected computers check box if you want to automatically install the CSA.
- Click Install Account.
- Type a username and password with administrator rights to the server or domain.
- Click OK to go back to the main TMVS page.
- Enter the IP address range that you want to check and install the Security Agent.
- Click Start to check the computers on your network and start the Client/Server Security Agent installation.
If auto-install is unticked, you can install the CSA or SA by selecting one or multiple computers from the Result tab. Right-click the computer and select Install CSA.
- You may need to restart the computer to finish the installation of drivers.